The congregation was made up of many farm families that lived in the area; however, some members lived in the village of Roberts and came out to the country to attend services.
Although not large in numbers, this group was very active, having an active Young People's League, Sunday school classes for all ages, and the Women's Missionary Society.
Many dedicated and talented ministers served this parish. Large crowds gathered to worship and to attend the many special programs that were held throughout the years. Some of the Pastors were: Rev. E. Nichols, Rev. Ralph Weyrick, Rev. J. Wesley Siebert, Rev. William Graham and Rev. C. L.Shriver.
Names still familiar today were those of the members who attended this church. Such family names as Zahn, Ebert, Houtzel, Drechsel, Dietterle, Rueck, Steinman, Eppelheimer, Roeder, Stutzman, Wagner, Conner, McCorkle, Walters, Taylor, Brown, Dodd, Lackey, Berlet, and Thomas were on the church roll of membership.
When the depression came in the thirties, it became necessary for this congregation to share a pastor with the Evangelical congregation in Danforth, Illinois.
Many of the farmers who were members began moving to other areas too far from the church to make it possible to continue worshiping there so it became necessary for the congregation to disband and to join other church groups.
One of the last events held in the church was the wedding of Geneva Walters to Clarence Brinkman of Melvin on December 19, 1936.
The building was purchased by the late Henry Tjarks of Gibson City and was torn down.
--Roberts Area Centennial, 100 Years of Plowing, Planting, Progressing. 1872-1972. 1972
--Posted to the Roberts Illinois History Group Page by Daniel Flora. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1724425851108326/ 19 September 2016.