Sunday, June 16, 2019

Shambrook

An email I received from Ann in the UK this week who recently discovered the Roberts Illinois History blog. Ann is researching her Shambrook roots. I told her she came to the right place . . . anyone out there doing Shambrook genealogy? I'll connect you with Ann.
From Ann:
This is the photo of my Great great grandad, John Shambrook who was born 1840 Barnstable district Devon uk. He lived in Malvern uk all of his marrried life. This photo was taken by my great great uncle John, known as Jack. The photo shows him closing the door of the Emmanuelle church Malvern for the last time in 1914, after being the verger for 40 years. I am certain he is related to Robert Shambrook who went to Illinois. He did have an older brother Robert but I am not sure they are the same person or maybe a cousin. I will let you know if I manage to find out anymore. Thanks for all your links I have looked through most and it's really interesting to know more about the Shambrook side of the family.
--Photo from Ann Shambrook.  Email June 2019.

No comments: